Wednesday 27 February 2013

Thankyou


I remember laughing, till you thought you might puke.
Sunny days we ran through wooded ground.
No longer sad we parted ways,
Just grateful for the path you lead me down.

Playing CDs, cross-legged on the floor,
The briefest of smiles as I hold open the door.
Silly noises you made while falling asleep,
You held onto my arm when crossing the street.

Memories become less bright, with every new person I meet,
Seems I’m fine, still getting into trouble without you!
For a time your voice became my song,
I’ve found a girl since that makes me smile anew.

Still miss you each year, by my side on ‘Race Day’,
Both stumbling home drunk and the games that we played.
When people asked why we didn’t stay friends,
I knew in time they’d see.
The World has something else in mind…
something More for you and me


Note: Something I wrote a couple of years ago, worth mentioning about three special relationships not just one. After seeing friends go through breakups and even divorce, I always thought this may help but never having the bottle to share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment